Sunday, August 10, 2008

Demolition

A few Saturdays ago, I set out to remove the closet in our "mud room" to make way for the entrance to the new laundry room. Here's a shot of the closet before I got the sawzall involved. Brennan was on hand most of the time to help me out. I started by taking the closet doors off and taking all the trim off.













Once I got to the point of actually ripping the walls out, it got pretty dusty in there. Fortunately Monica and the boys were gone during this part.















Here's the current state of the area.

















Jon Swartz came out a few days later and helped me rip this hole into the garage for our entrance into the laundry room. I'm pretty confident I could've taken at least 2 or 3 times longer than Jon did to frame the opening and created a much bigger mess. The opening is covered by a sheet of blue styrofoam right not to try to avoid all of our cold air escaping into the garage.











Over the next few weeks I need to get the electrical work done and hang the drywall. The guy who is going to be doing the mudding can't get to it until a week or two into September so that buys me a little time, which at my current pace I'll need.

On the adoption front, we're starting to tick away at our to-do lists. We both got our autobiographies done this week. That's a pretty big accomplishment. Hopefully we can get far enough along to get our home study interviews scheduled soon.

No comments: