Thursday, February 5, 2009

And down the stretch we come...

We got our monthly update email from AGCI with our new numbers. Officially we're #4 for a boy and #15 for a girl, but the email included this..."there are a few referrals that were recently made that have not yet been factored out of the lists as we are awaiting the official acceptances". We're pretty sure that at least one of the families ahead of us on the boy list who got a referral doesn't have their official acceptance in yet. If so, that would make us unofficially #3 (at least) on the boy list.

On the toddler front, our case manager told us that "there are three other families ahead of you for a toddler girl, but two only go up to 2 years, and the other only to 3 years". Our parameters go up to 4 years. So if a three year old girl would come up for adoption, we'd be first in line. If you think we need a girl, this is the scenario you should be praying for.

Now for a toddler boy, there is no one standing in our way. We're at the top.

The thought of getting a referral for a baby has me a little scared. When we started this process, I assumed we'd get a toddler referral long before we'd make it to the top of the regular list. Well, it's coming right down to the wire. Monica is more excited about the possibility of a baby than I am. Based on how quickly we've gotten to this point on the list, I've decided that maybe there's a reason we're rising so rapidly. Maybe God has a plan different than mine. Proverbs 3:5 popped in my head the other day while I was thinking about this. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." Technically the reference didn't pop into my head. I had to look that part up. The "lean not on your own understanding" part is the whammy for me. I guess if God thinks we should have a baby, I'm willing to defer to His wisdom.

FYI - JB & Carla are #9 boy and #22 girl.

4 comments:

Troy said...

Man, you guys could be anytime as well. I like your resolution in confiding in HIS wisdom...it seems I too-often prefer Troy's ways alot better ...

I did not *officially* find out if they're off the list (I don't think they would even know since it is how quick AGCI would process the paperwork). But with the pediatrician meeting, filling out/notarizing all the paperwork and mailing it back in, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be processed in a week.

Very nice you got to experience a win ... few and far between these days ... I really like Crean as well ... give him 3 years to build the program back and I think it'll be solid. We talked about trying to make a trip up there this year ... it's pretty easy to get tickets ... but I don't think we'll be able to make it.

Melissa said...

i'm SO excited for you guys and for all of us to have a new member of our family! whether it's a baby or a toddler or a boy or a girl, we will love it the same and squish it and i will also bite it.

i've been watching adoption stories with a ferver, which helps me to pretend that i'm closer to all of this action than i actually am. it's great to see families have wonderful success adopting children of all ages and from all geographic backgrounds.

Anonymous said...

This is getting SO exciting!!

Troy said...

hey guys ... we just got our referral!!