Sunday, June 7, 2009

Update

We've been home for just over two weeks now. It feels longer than that. Having three boys all under the age of 5 has proven to be a lot of work. Shocking revelation I know. I'm sure that will all change this week when Brennan turns five. Fortunately, Jeremiah is a pretty laid back, happy baby. It's the combination of having a baby in the house and two other boys that is wearing us out. More specifically, Sawyer is a handful. I love that little guy but he is a strong willed, stubborn little stinker.



Sawyer's adjusting fairly well to having a new baby brother but he's only 20 months old. You can't expect too much at that age. He has had a lot of changes thrown at him the last few weeks. Most importantly, mommy isn't always available when he "needs" her. Brennan loves his new baby brother and is adjusting very well to having a new baby brother.



So far Jeremiah has been taking it pretty easy on us. Somehow he managed to get his nights figured out right away. He generally goes to bed around 8:00, wakes up once during the night for a bottle, and then goes back to sleep until about 7:00. He also seems to be attaching fairly well, especially to mommy. He does fine with me, but if Monica is right there when I'm holding him he'll often fuss a bit to get over to mommy. I took off work Wednesday afternoon to stay with him while Monica went somewhere and it went pretty well.





We spotted a few uninvited visitors to Beachyville recently.



Monica spotted three of these little guys playing near our swing set a week ago. Yesterday Monica saw one of them again but that's all we've seen of them. Hopefully they can work on the rabbit population in our woods. We have more rabbits than we need hopping around our yard and in the woods.

Someday I will post more about our trip...

10 comments:

Melissa said...

such gorgeous boys!!!! thanks for the update, and ignore the e-mail you get at work tomorrow ;)

Tisha Alexander said...

Love the pictures!! It sounds like everyone is really doing well. My three boys are now 4,6, and 7 and they still exhaust me each and every day. I think it goes with having boys!

Sue said...

Nice update, Matt! So glad for you how things are going with adjustments. Bless Sawyer in his change of position. Hope he figures it out soon. I'm glad we got to see Jeremiah already! God bless you all!

StuckeyBlog said...

All of your boys are so adorable! I just wish I could kiss their chubby cheeks! And I love Jeremiah's little robe. The Stuckeys send Happy Birthday wishes for Brennan!! Tyler wishes he could see Brennan more often too.
And hooray for rabbit predators. :)

Mandy said...

It's great hearing how well your family is adjusting. I know that's a hard lesson for a 20 month old to learn, but it helps that he's a sweetie and loves his new baby brother. :)

The Bogard Family said...

Matt and Monica it is SO great to see pictures of the boys. I understand about being exhausted and my girls are 8 and 6, but they want to be little mother hens and they just wear me out! But over all they are doing great all 3! Silas is adjusting good and it is hard to believe we have been home little over two weeks. WOW! How time goes by! I just love little Jeremiah's hair!!! We miss you guys!!! Take care!

A&W said...

He is PRECIOUS!! Congrats!! We are with AGCI, too, for a boy or girl under 12 months!! He is just too cute!

The Hull's at #4 said...

Sweet little faces! Where did that cute little robe come from? We need one of those! We miss you!
Kim

Karin said...

Hadn't visited your blog in way too long and wow!! Jeremiah is adorable and I loved reading the details from your trip. May God richly bless your beautiful family!

Unknown said...

man that baby is cute! jeez!!! i'm so glad you guys are adjusting. i actually thought 3 was fairly easy but uh 4....different story! ha! blessings,
the johnstons