Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree

First of all, sorry for the no posting slump I've been in lately. It's too the point where I feel like I need a home run post to break out of the slump, but I've given up on that and I'm hoping a bloop single over the second baseman's head can help me end the slump. OK, on to the actual post...

The last few years we've been putting up my parents "fake" Christmas tree. This year I was dreading the process because it turns me into a scrooge every time. You have to take every piece and spread apart the branches and I was sick of it. I decided it may be time to venture out and go get a real, live Christmas tree.

So, last Saturday we bundled up and headed to Wilfong's to find and cut down our own tree. It went pretty well. We may have started a tradition. We walked around a bit trying to find the "perfect" tree but at some point you just get really cold, the kids start fussing, and you need to cut down a tree and get out of there. I'm not sure we found the perfect tree but it looks pretty good. We got an 8' tall Douglas Fir. The other kinds had looked pretty good but they were twice as much money.

Here are a few pictures of the adventure.












Jeremiah turns 1 on Friday so that should give me enough motivation to put together another post. Maybe it will be a double in the gap. Jeremiah isn't walking yet but he's likes to stand up beside anything he can grab ahold of. He's managed to find the kitchen cabinets.







Upon further review, based on the number of pictures I've included in this post, I feel like it at least qualifies as a hard ground ball through the infield. Forget this bloop single stuff.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

aww! the boys looks so excited! impressive tree, brother. our charlie brown tree was oh-so-carefully extracted from the garbage bags, plugged in and left ornament-less.

Deb said...

Give yourself a break....we're all just playing a recreational game of softball on these here family blogs. As long as your bat connects with the ball once in a while, it's all good.

Love the banner picture!

Tisha Alexander said...

I am so happy to see pictures of your precious boys!!! I can't get over how big Jeremiah is. LOVE his hair!! The tree is amazing...

Merry Christmas!!

The Hull's at #4 said...

FINALLY!!! So glad to see all of you healthy and happy!! Great tree!!!

StuckeyBlog said...

Thanks for the update! :) Looks like you had a good time. Your boys are just so adorable.

Jess & Matt said...

Don't worry, I'm in that same slump. Hacen't updated the blog in months. Great tree & beautiful boys.

Kathy Beachy said...

Thanks for posting the pictures. You posting some interesting poses of Sawyer, especially on that last picture. The "perfect" tree! That is what Brennan calls it.

Troy said...

hey man ... great to see the updated pics ... my screensaver just had the pic of you holding Jeremiah and Silas ... unreal how much J has grown. And I think we're all slacking now ... I've went from 'daily' to 'weekly' to 'monthly' posts. It's just the way it is ... have a lot of good ones in my head ... need to create a device I can dictate the post to and it upload ... along with pictures :)

And we seriously gotta plan something this spring once we're all thawed out...

Unknown said...

Wow....a blog post. I was really thinking you gave up on the blog. :) I know your a little busy. :)

Awesome Christmas tree. I Love it. I'm sure it was a great memory for your boys.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Jolene Shrock said...

Hi Matt
Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! Your boys are so handsome:) I am trying to have a get together with others in our area who have adopted from Ethiopia! It sounds like there are quite a few of us and I would like to plan something in the spring. If you would be interested in this let me know. You can Email me at Jolene1021@gmail.com also please let me know of any other families in the area who have adopted from Ethiopia :)