Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Court Date



Sometime tonight while we're sleeping or early tomorrow morning a judge in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia will review our case and have the opportunity to declare that Jeremiah is legally our son. Hopefully all the paperwork is in place and the judge will approve our case. Obviously we're praying that we can pass the first time through and go to Ethiopia soon to bring Jeremiah home. I'm not sure how quickly we'll hear results. It would be nice to know by the weekend, but I'm not counting on it. Sometimes it takes close to a week for people to find out if they passed or not. I'll post something as soon as we find out.

In other news, our case manager was in Ethiopia a few weeks ago and sent us this update about Jeremiah "B"...
"As I am sure you are well aware, B is such a sweet, handsome little guy! He was usually sleeping whenever I was around, but the few times I caught him between sleepy times he would look at me with those beautiful eyes of his and give me the shyest of smiles. I am so sad I was not able to catch one of these on camera! From what I could understand from the special mothers, he is a pretty laid-back happy baby, and they absolutely love taking care of him. It looked like there were two special mothers who primarily looked after him during the hours I usually visited, and from seeing how well he responded to being with him, I think it is a good indication to his ability to bond and attach. I am so excited for you to be united with him!"

We also received a few new pictures of Jeremiah with the update. It's amazing how much a baby can change going from 2 months old to 4 months old when you don't see him everyday. The straight hair from age 2 months has turned into thick, curly hair at 4 months. I had to look at the pictures for a little while to make sure that our case manager had sent us pictures of the right child. Once I spotted the cowlick, I knew that was our boy.

Well I guess we'll keep doing what we do so much during the adoption process.....wait.

8 comments:

Josh and Kristi said...

Praying for good news. Just think, you could be holding him in less than a month! You are very right about the changes in a baby that little, I think that is why we had trouble finding particular babies when we were there. He's waiting for you!

Tisha Alexander said...

I will be praying for you all!!! I also hope you hear before the weekend. I hear the wait after court is hard.

Sue said...

We are waiting with you...hope all continues to go well with Jeremiah, and the rest of you!

Blessings!

Jess & Matt said...

Praying for good news! I hope you hear something before the weekend for sure. We will be praying for you!

Jess & Matt

The Bogard Family said...

We are praying for you. We sure hope you pass and find out before the weekend. Our court date is next Thursday the 30th. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Cory and Angie

Troy said...

Praying for all documentation to be in and favor in front of the judge.

Melissa said...

i've been praying and will continue to!!!! i can't wait to hold my new sweet boy

Aubrey said...

Praying and hoping for you guys!